Thursday, May 28, 2015

Vintage Voyage-My Favorite Things


Amazing how once I leave Austria, I come face to face with a few of my favorite things.  I will  reveal these things in a very un-Julie Andrews-like way over the next few blog posts.

This week I've been scouring favorite thrift-antique-treasure haunts across Southern Arizona and stopped by a new vintage store in Tucson, Russell's Retro Furnishings.  Russell has had other mid mod booths inside existing antique malls, but decided to venture out on his own with a larger space to display more of his stock.  As the name implies, the shop is focused on mid century furnishings, accessories, and lighting.  They also specialize in upholstery using vintage textiles and refurbishing mid century pieces.






Of course, my retro radar zeroed in on more than one treasure; if only the Tucson storage unit had more space.  I'll share some pictures so you can see some of the great finds.  Feel free to buy out from under me-I know Russell would appreciate the business!!  The website with contact information can be found here.






As many of you already know, one of my prized possessions is a 1961 Kroehler sofa.  We purchased the sofa in Tucson and moved it with us to Vienna.  We had all 10 feet of mid century majesty re-upholstered and found the Kroehler manufacturing tag inside the frame.  As Russell and I pieced through our history of buying and selling, we came to the same conclusion.  I purchased the sofa from him.  This vintage voyage has come full circle.

Before

After

At Home in Vienna

I simply remember my favorite things.......



1 comment:

  1. Reprint of a Vintage Airline Travel Poster - Paris orly. Printed on high quality archive satin photo paper by our professional print company who print for Museums

    ReplyDelete